These yoyo flowers are very easy to make and take no time at all. You can use them to make bags or decorate your dresses or accessories. The tutorial to make them is below:
- Fabric – in desired colours/prints
- Needle and Thread
- Measuring Tape or Scale
- Beads/buttons/threads/glitter – to decorate
- Fabric Glue (No stitch fabric glue by Fevicryl)
Do running stitch on all the four sides of each square. I have shown it in the picture below using a different colour thread, so it is more visible. (Can also be done by sewing machine – do basting stitch on the borders)
Now pull the thread, in order to gather all the edges together. It will look like as shown in the picture below:
Now, make a few stitches to secure the cloth like this. You can make some stitches across the gathers
You can make various things from these beautifully decorated flowers/yoyo’s. A few examples are:
- Stick it on - on a hair band/dress/bag/gift box to decorate.
- Add a safety pin at the back and you can use it to put on a dress or on a bag!
- You can also make a full bag out of these flowers. Will try to put the tutorial for that soon!